Are there quick trips in Arkansas?
What are the top 10 Things to do in Arkansas?
- 1. Garvan Woodland Gardens 2. Pinnacle Mountain State Park 3. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge 4. Ozark Mountains 5. Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site 6. Fayetteville Downtown Square & Gardens 7. Bull Shoals Lake 8. Village Creek State Park 9. Thorncrown Chapel 10. Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art 11.
Is Arkansas a good destination for a romantic getaway?
Arkansas might not be the first destination to come to mind when you’re searching for romantic getaways to take with your special someone, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a richness to be discovered among the state’s rolling hills and down-home hospitality.
Where are the best places to stay in Arkansas?
From stylish hotels in Little Rock, charming places to stay in Fayetteville, beautiful inns in Eureka Springs, and historic B&Bs in Hot Springs, there are many unique places to stay in Arkansas.
Why should I visit Arkansas?
Arkansas is called The Natural State for a reason. ... If your family loves the outdoors, Arkansas is definitely a state you will love to visit. Not only is it the home of the first national park, it boasts many natural beautiful waterfalls, trails, and golf courses giving everyone something to enjoy.Mar 13, 2019
Is Arkansas a pretty state?
Appropriately nicknamed 'The Natural State,' Arkansas is home to both the Ozark and Ouachita mountain ranges, with plenty of spectacular scenery on show. Coated in verdant forests, it boasts beautiful landscapes and natural wonders, with rivers roaring past rocky outcrops and spectacular state parks.
Are there quick trips in Arkansas?
From Hot Springs in the Ouachita Mountains to romantic getaways in downtown Little Rock, weekend trips in Arkansas offer a true escape. ... Scenic backdrops, including the Ouachita and Ozark Mountains, lend to activities like mountain biking and hiking.May 22, 2020
What is Hot Springs Arkansas known for?
Famous for its hot mineral waters and Ouachita Mountain scenery as well as its hotels and nightlife, this bustling turn-of-the-century resort town was the perfect place for something no one had ever heard of: annual spring training for professional baseball.
Are there beaches in Arkansas?
Among the 23 state parks located on lakes or rivers, eight offer Arkansas beaches. These are DeGray Lake, as well as lake Catherine, Charles, Dardanelle and Ouachita, Village Creek, Woolly Hollow, Crowley's Ridge, and Jacksonport on the White River. ... Lakes Catherine and Hamilton are two privately owned bodies of water.
What is the most visited town in Arkansas?
Little Rock is the most populous city in Arkansas. After viewing numerous places and do activities in Little Rock one can gather fascinating history and new music with big ideas of the small city.Oct 29, 2019
What is the richest city in Arkansas?
In Arkansas, Bentonville is home to more billionaires than any other city. A total of two billionaires live in Bentonville with a combined net worth of $124.6 billion. Of Bentonville residents with a minimum 10-figure net worth, Jim Walton is the wealthiest, worth an estimated $62.4 billion.
What is Arkansas famous for?
Arkansas is known for its lakes, rivers, and hot springs, extreme weather and frequent storms, rice and poultry production, and the only active diamond mine in the United States.Oct 2, 2021
What is Arkansas famous food?
Finally, Arkansas' cuisine is integral to its culture with such foods as barbecue, traditional country cooking, fried catfish and chicken, wild duck, rice, purple hull peas, okra, apples, fried green tomatoes and grits being part of the people of Arkansas's diet and economy.
Where are the best places to stay in Arkansas?
- From stylish hotels in Little Rock, charming places to stay in Fayetteville, beautiful inns in Eureka Springs, and historic B&Bs in Hot Springs, there are many unique places to stay in Arkansas.
What to do in Little Rock Arkansas Today?
- Things to Do in Arkansas. 1 1. Garvan Woodland Gardens. 2,631. Gardens. By 804budm. The bonsai garden had over forty plants displayed on large rock shelves that stimulated the ... 2 2. Pinnacle Mountain State Park. 3 3. Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge. 4 4. Ozark Mountains. 5 5. Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site. More items
Does it snow in Arkansas in December?
Snowfall in December
Snow flurries can be seen as early as November, but December is the first month substantial snow is recorded in Arkansas. Temperatures average highs of 52 degrees Fahrenheit (11 degrees Celsius) and lows of 34 degrees Fahrenheit (1 degree Celsius) throughout the state.
What is Arkansas like in the winter?
Winters are mild but occasionally register temperatures below freezing. The average high temperatures in January are 51°F (10.6°C) and lows drop up to 32°F (0°C) in many places. Spring has comfortable temperatures, but frost and freezes are not ruled out till the latter part of the season.
What is the weather in Arkansas in December?
The weather in Arkansas in December is very cold with Temperatures between 39°F and 51°F. There's going to be many days of rain during the month of December in Arkansas. Arkansas should expect an average of 15 to 22 days of rain, so be sure to bring along a waterproof jacket to stay dry this month!
Are there mountains in Little Rock Arkansas?
Pinnacle Mountain is the second highest natural point in Pulaski County, Arkansas and main attraction of the 2,356-acre Pinnacle Mountain State Park. It is located in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains just outside of Little Rock, the capital and most populous city of Arkansas.
Is it safe to travel to Arkansas in December?
- There are also towns in Arkansas that make the most of December by being festive every day of the month–and these are the Christmas towns you should definitely visit! During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
Where to go in Arkansas in the winter?
- 14 Unforgettable Places In Arkansas That Everyone Must Visit This Winter 1 Russellville. Lake Dardanelle State Park will offer free winter lake cruises ... 2 Heber Springs. Heber Springs has something very special that arrives during ... 3 Little Rock. There's a lot going on in the capital city during the winter season.
Where should I live for Christmas in Arkansas?
- Arkansas is home to numerous beautiful cities including Little Rock and Fort Smith, as well as small communities such as Roland and Hindsville, which offer lots of Christmas cheer to visitors. Choose a trendy loft in downtown Little Rock close to the Arkansas Repertory, which produces “A Christmas Story”...
What are the 10 best places to visit in Arkansas?
- 1 Little Rock. 2 Hot Springs. 3 Eureka Springs. 4 Fort Smith. 5 Fayetteville. 6 Fairfield Bay. 7 Bentonville.
Is Arkansas Safe?
The D- grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US state. Arkansas is in the 15th percentile for safety, meaning 85% of states are safer and 15% of states are more dangerous.
Where are the mountains in Arkansas?
The Natural State is home to two distinct mountain ranges: the Ouachitas and the Ozarks. Both lie predominately in the western half of the state, but they are quite different. The Ozark Mountains are actually a series of plateaus that occupy much of Northwest Arkansas and run south to north, reaching up into Missouri.
Is Arkansas a beautiful state?
Filled with mountains, caves, springs, and streams, Arkansas has rightfully earned the name “The Natural State.” Beautiful views from mountain tops in the Ozark Mountains prove to be must-see sites for residents and tourists alike. Gracious skies hold our hearts in complete awe as the landscape meets the skyline.Nov 2, 2020
Which is better Eureka Springs or Hot Springs?
Both have good restaurants, nice lodging, nice art, great parks and many fun things to do. Hot Springs is larger and more diverse, and Eureka more intimate and less developed.
Can you swim in the Hot Springs in Arkansas?
Since the mid-19th century, bathhouses have been a staple of Hot Springs, Arkansas, as a way for visitors to experience the region's famous spring water. ... You can bathe in the hot spring water at Buckstaff Baths, which has operated in the park for over 100 years.
How to have a cheap romantic weekend getaway?
- Focus on the meaning,not the destination. A lot of people simply look at the destinations which are "designed" for romantic getaways and even though they can be mesmerizing,you ...
- Make it about the experience,not material things. ...
- Cook a romantic dinner,rather than paying for it. ...
- Find cheap accommodation online. ...
What to pack for a romantic summer getaway?
- Massage oils: End the day by relaxing and taking turns giving each other a massage. Romantic music: Help set the mood by bringing both of your favorite romantic tunes. Perfume and makeup: Just because you are planning to relax does not mean you cannot make yourself smell and look nice. ... More items...
How to pack for a romantic getaway?
- Do your homework. Where are you heading? ...
- Travel in style. Forgo the cozy sweats and step up your travel gear,channeling the likes of Brigitte Bardot in her French Riviera days: Throw on a headscarf or ...
- Pay attention to the details. ...
- Step up your lingerie game. ...
- When in doubt,improvise.
How do you plan a weekend getaway in Arkansas?
Take a drive out to a new place with friends and family, or alone for a coveted moment of solitude. Book a romantic hotel for a couple of nights of luxury, or stay in an Airbnb for a more authentic experience (and one that won’t break the bank). There are so many options for weekend getaways in Arkansas that there is something for everyone.
Where should you take your significant other on Your Arkansas vacation?
Don’t just visit Little Rock, the state capital of Arkansas; revel in its beauty when you bring your significant other to the Capital Hotel.