Can you stay overnight at Phantom Ranch?
Is Phantom Ranch Cash only?
You can view a map here of the Phantom Ranch/Bright Angel Campground area to get your bearings for the topics mentioned below. Bring Credit Card Instead of Cash. Instead of taking cash and having to carry heavy change, bring your debit or credit card. The Ranch takes credit for even the smallest purchases.
How long is the mule ride to Phantom Ranch?
Showers and bath towels are available. On the evening you arrive you will enjoy a hearty meal served family style in the Phantom Ranch Dining Room. After breakfast the morning of your departure, you return via the South Kaibab Trail. The ride back up is about 7.8 miles (5.5 hours).Jun 19, 2017
How long should you stay at Phantom Ranch?
-Staying two nights is ideal if you can get reservations. There are several short hikes near the bottom which will help you stretch your legs and get some rest before the big hike out.
Can you shower at Phantom Ranch?
Shower and Bathrooms at Phantom
If you are staying in the Phantom Ranch dorms there is a small room with a shower in it toward the back of the building. This room has its own light so you can shower late at night or early in the morning to avoid the rush and not wake your dorm mates up.
How do I get a last minute reservation at Phantom Ranch?
(1) For last-minute reservations at Phantom Ranch, call the Xanterra Transportation Desk (928-638-3283) the day before, at exactly 6 am Mountain Standard Time (daylight savings time is NOT observed).
Is Phantom Ranch Open 2021?
Phantom Ranch is now open with limited services. ... This unfortunately results in the need to close the Phantom Ranch hiker dormitories and reduce the campsites in the campground by 50% at least through September 2022. The Phantom Ranch Canteen will not be accessible to travelers in the near future.
Is Phantom Ranch open all year?
Booking at phantom ranch is normally done 13 months in advance. Advance reservations are required for either overnight mule ride packages or hiker overnight accommodations and meals. Open year-round, the ranch is only accessible by mule, by foot, or by rafting the Colorado River.
When was Phantom Ranch built?
Fifty-three year old Mary Jane Colter, architect for Fred Harvey Co. and the Santa Fe Railroad, was given the assignment to design a small group of rustic stone cabins on the north side of the Colorado River near the mouth of Bright Angel Creek. She called it Phantom Ranch. The ranch was completed in 1922.Sep 21, 2019
How much does it cost to ride a donkey down the Grand Canyon?
PRICING – The cost of the ride is $155.77 per person, including tax, and is subject to change without notice. A souvenir water bottle is included. RESERVATIONS — Mule rides may be reserved by calling 1-303-297-2757 or toll-free within the United States at 1-888-297-2757.
How many cabins are in the Phantom Ranch?
What sleeping accommodations are available at Phantom Ranch and Bright Angel Campground? Phantom Ranch is a concession-run lodging and dining facility. The premises include dormitories and eleven rustic cabins. The dorms are separated by gender, and each has ten bunk beds, a shower, and a restroom.
Can you still ride a mule down the Grand Canyon?
The Grand Canyon Mule Rides were severely limited by the 2011 Grand Canyon Stock Use Plan. There are now ONLY 10 mule saddles daily available to take you to the bottom of the Grand Canyon for an overnight stay at Phantom Ranch. These are the ONLY Grand Canyon Mule rides that go to the BOTTOM of the Grand Canyon.
Can you hike to Phantom Ranch a day?
Unless you are an ultra distance hiker, it is not recommended to hike down to Phantom Ranch (at the bottom of the Grand Canyon) and back up in one day. It is about 16 miles round trip if you take the South Kaibab Trail down and the Bright Angel Trail back up.
Does Phantom Ranch have electricity?
Power has been restored to Phantom Ranch, the outpost at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, where lodging and services were temporarily suspended because of an outage beginning Saturday morning, according to the National Park Service. Arizona Public Service Co.Jan 25, 2016
Do people live in the Grand Canyon?
Yes, a small group of people live in the Grand Canyon. The Havasupai (which means “people of the blue-green waters”) have a reservation that borders Grand Canyon National Park. ... Havasu Canyon is located inside the Grand Canyon, so technically, yes, people live inside the Canyon.Mar 25, 2012
What is Phantom Ranch?
- Phantom Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of Grand Canyon. It is on the north side of the Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel Creek.
How do I make a reservation for Phantom Ranch 2019?
- Note: prices updated January 2019. How do I make a reservation for Phantom Ranch? For reservations within 48 hours, call the Xanterra Transportation Desk at 928-638-3283. A waiting list is also available for persons at the South Rim for travel the following day.
How many people can stay at Phantom Ranch at once?
- For overnight stays at Phantom Ranch, a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 20 Hikers is designated as a Group. Learn more about groups here. For overnight mule rides, parties of 10 Mule Riders may book their reservation by calling our Central Reservations office at 888-297-2757, or by entering the lottery online.
What is the late fee for late delivery to Phantom Ranch?
- Delivery of late duffels going down to Phantom Ranch must be arranged for prior to midnight the day/evening prior to delivery at Phantom. A $10 additional charge (late fee) will be collected for late duffels per call (not per duffel).